Moor Green House Military Hospital - 4th Auxiliary Hospital.
Moor Green Lane, Moseley. Birmingham
(Attached to the 1st Southern General, Birmingham)
Moor Green House was established in 1914 as an annexe to Highbury Hospital and was used by the Red Cross. It had 63 beds and became the 4th Auxiliary Hospital, Moseley. Moor Green House, the home of Sir John Holder's son, stood on the east side of Moor Green Lane just before its junction with Yew Tree Road. During the First World War it was used as a hostel for Belgian refugees and then as a military hospital. In May 1917, it was reserved for the treatment and convalescence of officers. The house was demolished in 1920.